Information for Attendees
- All times listed in the conference schedule are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
- Breakout sessions are pre-recorded, so attendees can watch them on their own or during the scheduled times.
- Q&A sessions, keynotes, and the OVGTSL Business meeting will be live via Zoom and require pre-registration. Within a few minutes of Zoom registration you’ll receive a confirmation email that includes a link to the live session.
- All registered attendees have been sent an email from Susan DiRenzo Ashby including general conference information and instructions for accessing pre-recorded presentations and live sessions. If you have not received this email, please contact Susan at email@example.com
- During live sessions, attendees will be muted and questions and comments should be submitted via chat to be relayed by the moderator to the presenters/speakers.
- Presentations, keynote sessions, and the business meeting recordings will be made available on May 25 and will remain available to registered attendees for 2 months.
- Presentation slides and other material will be posted on the OVGTSL 2021 website once the conference has ended.
Questions / Need Help?
- Zoom: Amy Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tech: Joshua Grove (email@example.com)
- Registration: Susan DiRenzo Ashby (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- General: Melanie McGurr (email@example.com)
Indiana The annual OVGTSL conference is an approved LEU provider under the ISL Approved Training Providers (Blanket Approval List).
Kentucky Kentucky State Board for the Certification of Librarians administers the Certification Program for Kentucky Public Libraries. The OVGTSL 2021 program has been submitted. If you have other questions regarding the Kentucky public librarian certification program, contact continuing education staff by email at KDLA.Certification@ky.gov or by phone at (502) 564-1727.
Ohio The Ohio Library Council (OLC) issues certifications for both Ohio Public Librarian Certification and Ohio Public Library Staff Certification. Further information about the both programs and CEU certification requirements can be found here.Other states Please refer to your state’s guidelines for information regarding continuing education credits earned for attending OVGTSL 2021.
OVGTSL 2021 Registration
- Registration for OVGTSL is now closed.
- Registration rates for OVGTSL 2021 were as follows: $65 - includes annual membership fee; $55 - does not include annual membership fee; $25 - student rate. OVGTSL membership is not required for registration.
- Your registration email and/or attached printable ticket will serve as your conference registration receipt. Please email Susan Ashby at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a receipt that includes method of payment and/or the last four digits of your card number.
- Chair: Kate Seago (University of Kentucky), email@example.com
- Chair Elect: Melanie McGurr (The University of Akron), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Amy Bailey (Indiana University Bloomington), email@example.com
- Treasurer: Susan DiRenzo Ashby (The University of Akron), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archivist: Kathryn Lybarger (University of Kentucky), email@example.com
- Webmaster: Jennifer Howard (Frontier Nursing University), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melanie McGurr, The University of Akron – Conference Planning Chair
- Amy Bailey, Indiana University Bloomington – Zoom Coordinator
- Susan DiRenzo Ashby, The University of Akron – Registration Committee Chair
- Cheryl Engel, Akron Summit County Public Library – Conference Support
- Colleen Fedewa, Case Western Reserve University – Conference Support
- Lori Fielding, The University of Akron – Sponsorship Committee Chair
- Josh Grove, The University of Akron – Technology Coordinator
- Erin Kilkenny, OhioLINK – Scholarship Committee Chair and Social Media Coordinator
- Margret Maurer, Kent State University – Program Committee Chair
- Mike Monaco, The University of Akron – Publication and Publicity Chair and Conference Website Coordinator
- Patrick Conners, Akron Summit County Public Library – Conference Support
Map of OVGTLS 2021 Attendees
2020/2021 OVGTSL Executive Committee
2020/2021 OVGTSL Conference Planning Committee
The host and location for OVGTSL 2022 will be announced during the OVGTSL Business Meeting on June 4th at 9:00 am EDT