Presumably intending to enable more viable banks to proliferate, the Ohio General Assembly, in 1933, repealed the original branching law and enacted legislation allowing limited branching. This legislation remained in effect for forty-five years. It was not until April 27, 1978, that a major change in Ohio's branching law was passed, with the enactment of Amended Substitute Senate Bill 256.
Antognoli, Benito C.R.
"Branch Banking in Ohio Under Senate Bill 256,"
Akron Law Review: Vol. 12
, Article 5.
Available at: https://ideaexchange.uakron.edu/akronlawreview/vol12/iss4/5