Lodging | Directions | Parking | Maps
There are two nearby hotels offering a group rate for the conference and on-campus lodging in student residential housing is also available.
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
1307 E. Market Street, Akron, OH, 44305
$99.00 plus tax
- 40 rooms available at the group rate Saturday 5/16 – Monday 5/18
- 10 rooms available at the group rate Friday 5/15
- Reservations must be made by May 1, 2020 to receive the OVGTSL group rate
- To make a reservation:
- Call the hotel directly at 330-733-2900 and identify yourself as a group member of OVGTSL – The Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians
- Online using the OVGTSL reservation page at http://group.hiltongardeninn.com/OhioValleyTechServLibrarians
- Online at www.hiltongardeninnakron.com and use OVGTSL as the “Group Code”
Courtyard Akron Downtown
41 Furnace Street, Akron, OH 44308
$109.00 plus tax
- 20 rooms available at the group rate Saturday 5/16
- 45 rooms available at the group rate Sunday 5/17 and Monday 5/18
- 5 rooms available at the discounted rate Tuesday 5/19
- Reservations must be made by April 20, 2020 to receive the OVGTSL group rate
- To make a reservation:
- Online using the OVGTSL group reservation page at https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1565011123701&key=GRP&app=resvlink
OVGTSL 2020 is pleased to offer a budget-friendly, on-campus lodging option to this year's attendees.
Bulger Hall is located on the North Quad and is less than 400 feet from Bierce Library and a 2-3 minute walk to the Jean Taber Howe Student Union.
Single Occupancy $30.00 per night*
Double Occupancy** $24.00 per person per night*
- Accommodations are available for up to 10 guests Saturday 5/16. Friday is the last day of student move-out so availability is low. If demand exceeds availability we will check on the possibility of adding additional rooms.
- Accommodations available for up 60 guests, single or double occupancy are available Sunday 5/17 and Monday 5/18
- Rooms are furnished with an x-long twin bed, desk and chair, wardrobe and dresser.
- Amenities include wireless Internet access, lounge/study areas on each floor, laundry facilities and vending machines in the basement.
- Linens per person include 1 pillow, 2 flat sheets, 1 blanket for duration of stay plus a towel and wash cloth for each night of stay. Toiletries are not included.
- Up to 20 guests (based on double occupancy) per floor. There are 2 double bathrooms/showers per floor.
- On-call duty staff available from 10:am – 4:00 am
- Check-in: TBD
- Check-out: TBD
- Deadline to book a room: April 24, 2020
- To register and pay for a room:
* Listed prices include room charge and applicable taxes but does not include Eventbrite fees.
**Each person staying in a double occupancy will pay separately and are required to specify name of roommate at time of payment.
Bulger Hall is traditional student residential housing with basic linen service. Conference attendees staying at Bulger Hall are encouraged to bring additional items from home for a more comfortable stay including a blanket, extra pillow, extra body and hand towels, etc.
On-campus parking is free for conference attendees. Specific parking details coming soon.